Saturday, August 04, 2007

Pre-Trip Rush

HOHO! From the day I bought my air tickets, I've been caught in a mad rush! From studying for the GRE to going back to school to kiss my professors' asses so that they would be nice and write nice things on my recommendation. I have also been busy packing, buying random stuffs to bring on the trip and spending time with some people so that I wouldn't miss them as much when I leave.

I know it's not a big deal, I'm going for only a month. But when you're alone in a foreign country, all you long for is the warmth and comfort of familiarity. I spent some time away before and after only 2-3 weeks I was *dying* to taste local food. Yeah, it was hard.

So anyways. I'm leaving on Tuesday, the 7th of August. Not feeling the excitement just yet. I remember a couple of years ago a few friends and I were just hanging out and we decided to go to HK for a holiday. We got our tickets and within a week, we flew over. I had an amazing time there and that it was executed on such short notice added to my happiness and sense of fulfillment. Uh back to my Scandinavian story. I don't mind long flights but devilishly long transit hours?! Wtf am I going to do for 7 hours?? Early in the morning?? My ETA at the Amsterdam airport is 0545. I will have to wait till 1330 before I can get on the flight to Helsinki. I can only hope that the Dutch are early risers.

I packed for cool weather and please, don't let the temperature fall below 12 deg C! I packed shorts and summer dresses and I do wanna be able to wear them! I'm still deciding on the number of pairs of shoes I should bring (3? 4? 5?) and whether or not a pair of heels is necessary (probably not).

I still have some very important errands to do before leaving, sigh. Okay, so as the title suggests, I will try to keep the contents as relevant as possible and I will dutifully update this with pictures when I get there. If you're looking to read about the scandals, I'm sorry bumblebee, you're on the wrong site. My other site is www.*********.com. Haha!

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

belle said...

coolness! oh, pack some tights to go with ur shorts! i'm sure it'll keep you warm! hahaha.

ckcw5 said...

have fun girl! take care!...n take lotsa pics ya...