Thursday, August 16, 2007

I went to the Lutheran Cathedral (Tuomiokirkko) at the Senate Square (Senaatintori) today. Not much, just a nice big church perched on the top of a long flight of stairs. The interior was nice, architecture not as elaborate or detailed as many others I've seen. The very special thing about this church is the ginormous organ sitting above the pews. I took a better picture of this church a few days ago and it's somewhere in this blog.



People chilling on the steps.

This is the ginormous organ. Wonder how it sounds like.

This is where the pastor preaches.
The sky looked overcast so I took the metro to Itäkeskus, apparently the largest mall in the Nordic. But oh what disappointment. The shopping here never fails to disappoint.



Me being very bored.
I saw a boutique today with the labels Prada Gucci Chloe outside. I went in thinking I could shop for some nice bags.... And I'm gonna repeat whatever I've said many times before; what disappointment... The Prada collection was okay, plenty of stuff from F/W 2007. When I went over to look at Chloe.... Oh man... They only had 3 bags. How pathetic. I saw a Mulberry boutique, a boutique selling Chanel and YSL but the shelves were packed with the bags, like 10 Chanels crammed in a small space with the glass door preventing them from falling. As for YSL, they were barely visible in the tiny shop. Oy, I didn't even see the downtown or muse!
I am tres sad.

No comments: